Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is simply about making sure your audience find you when they search for what you do. We optimise your site for a number of keywords or phrases; for example we’re optimised for ‘website design leicester’, among other things. SEO itself isn’t complicated but it can take time and effort to get it right, although the basics can be achieved pretty easily. As with anything, the more you do it, the better the result.
There are some key facts it’s worth knowing about SEO:
- Google currently holds a UK market share of over 90%
- Over three-quarters of web users avoid paid-for adverts instead choosing organic results
- The no.1 spot for any given search attracts approximately 40% of clicks
Beyond the basic SEO we include with all our sites we:
- Can help you identify the right keywords for your business
- Can identify good long-tail search terms (search phrases that attract a larger number of searches with the minimum amount of competition)
- Only use SEO techniques approved by the search engines; some techniques can damage your rank or get you banned from Google altogether!
Going beyond the basics
At the time of writing the Google algorithm factors over 200 elements of your website in order to establish its relevance to a search term. Google’s engine becomes more complex with recent versions taking into account the time it takes for your site to load and even whether your website design is of sufficient quality. We cover many of the basics with each new site as standard, which usually meets most of our clients’ requirements. For the best results, we recommend an ongoing program of SEO to continually improve your optimisation and make sure your site doesn’t start to slip down the search results.